I spent my Wednesday afternoon at the never-stops-being-breathtaking Tower at PNC Plaza, the Downtown home of our friends and partners at PNC Bank. And right there in the lobby at street level was four-time IndyCar champ Scott Dixon’s No. 9 PNC car, rotating around on display.
I’d known that it was there through a bunch of people putting it on social media, but I’d forgotten all about that until walking through the front door. It was pretty powerful.
Anyway, I’ve heard from readers who are into auto racing, including at the local level, and thought I’d share.
• I’ve got Grind, and it’s another smorgas-Grind.
• Lance Lysowski and Matt Sunday will open up the Pirates-Brewers tonight. Lance also will head down to D.C. for next week’s All-Star Game.
• We’ve got a Kennywood thing happening really soon, and you’ll be invited. This was Dale Lolley’s idea, and he’ll share in Saturday’s Site Stuff.
• Really cool change coming to the app that’ll allow us to get news to you faster — and more easily — than ever. I’ll write that part of Site Stuff.
• Our Veterans Gift Subscriptions pool remained at plus-1 after a Wednesday in which none were claimed by vets and none bought. If you’d like to contribute to the cause, that can happen right here. Overall, we’ve now connected 103 military veterans with free subscriptions since restructuring the program in May. Anyone who’s served in our Armed Forces can seek a free one-year subscription by filling out this form.
• Our advertising kit was updated over the weekend. Give us a shout to see what we can do for your business!
MILLER LITE LIVE Qs AT 5
• Monday: Lolley on Steelers
• Tuesday: Bradford on Penguins
• Wednesday: Haase on Penguins’ prospects
• Thursday: Sunday on World Cup, entries
• Friday: Lysowski on Pirates
• Saturday: DK on everything
• Monday: Below Deck, by Lysowski
• Tuesday: Cartoon Canon, by Ullman
• Wednesday: Buried Treasure, by Wolper
• Thursday: Carter’s Classroom, by Carter
• Friday: Friday Insider, by staff
• Saturday: Site Stuff, by staff
PNC STAFF LOCATOR MAP
We’re all home for a spell …
OUR SOCIAL MEDIA