EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Good morning!
Nothing kills the time on a long flight like writing. At least not for me.
So facing the five-hour nonstop from Pittsburgh to Los Angeles at the crack of dawn yesterday, and knowing full well I couldn't sleep on a plane if I were tranquilized by an elephant gun, I whipped out the laptop after takeoff and decided to put together kind of a midpoint column on the Penguins' season. Only to realize the midpoint passed last week. Only to realize the All-Star break's still two weeks away. Only to realize my concept was broken before the first key had been stroked.
That's when, functioning on two hours' sleep, I decided to count up the team's remaining games and, however many that would be, that'd be the number of bullet points in the column regardless. Because every time I do one of these, I can't bring myself to just pick some random, round number. I've got to seek out something symbolic.
Thus, 39 bullets!
Never get like this. It isn't healthy.
• Your daily dose of Morning Java is right here:
• The Penguins and Ducks get quacking tonight at the Honda Center over in Anaheim. The home team's skate is at 1:30 p.m. Pittsburgh time and the visitors, expected to be extremely optional after a full practice here yesterday, are set for an hour later. Faceoff is at 10:38 p.m. I've got this. All our hockey coverage can be found on our team page.
• The Pirates' four-day minicamp wrapped up yesterday in Bradenton, Fla. John Perrotto's flown back home, and he'll take your Live Qs at 5 today. All our baseball coverage can be found on our team page.
• Dale Lolley never stops keeping up with the Steelers. All our football coverage can be found on our team page.
• Our business partners at Fanatics.com are offering significant discounts for the first month of 2019. Tap the big box above to see. Through our partnership, we're able to offer massive discounts and free shipping on official team merchandise -- Steelers, Penguins, Pirates -- and, because of the partnership, our site will receive 15 percent of all revenues.
• The app updates are all cleaned up, and the apps are better, faster and cleaner than ever. They can't be perfect, but we'll keep trying, and we'll keep listening to your suggestions/issues at Help@DKPittsburghSports.com
• If you missed Site Stuff over the weekend, there's an excellent free offer from our friends at Rivals.com, exclusively for our subscribers.
• We recently achieved the goal of filling the Veterans Fund -- one-year gift subscriptions for vets worldwide -- all the way up to 500. We still need to match them all with veterans. We had no veterans request a free subscription yesterday -- Aaron and Robert from the Army, Dean from the Air Force -- so we've still got 24 to give out. If you know a vet who'd like one, that form is here.
• Our advertising kit has all the info to show why our business is right for your business!
MILLER LITE LIVE Qs AT 5
• Monday: Wheeling Watch, by Haase
• Tuesday: Cartoon Canon, by Ullman
• Wednesday: Stats 'N' At, by Golebiewski
• Thursday: Carter's Classroom, by Carter
• Friday: Friday Insider, by staff
• Weekend: Site Stuff, by staff
PNC STAFF LOCATOR MAP
I'm back on the wrong coast again:
OUR SOCIAL MEDIA
To continue reading, log into your account: