BRADENTON, Fla. -- Good morning!
Today's reporting day for the Pirates' pitchers and catchers. But wait ... so was yesterday?
For the first time, for reasons no one here can really explain, the team's spread the reporting process over two days, with the first being the day you need to at least tell someone you're on the ground somewhere inside Bradenton city limits, and the second now focused on the daylong physicals performed by the talented doctors at Allegheny Health Network.
Regardless, not much else happens ... other than country music legends coming along to take grounders at third base and bantering back and forth with telling Matt Sunday and me.
Sunday and John Perrotto put up multiple files from Pirate City, but I'm holding off mine until later today. I'd begun gathering string on a column concept after a couple conversations, and that felt solid enough that I'd like to carry it further this morning. It'll be up by the afternoon.
And then ... flying home!
Here's more baseball from us in today's Morning Java:
• The Penguins beat the Flyers in Philadelphia. Chris Bradford had the final leg of the three-game trip, including the latest on Evgeni Malkin's match penalty and Olli Maatta's injury. The team is off today, then resumes play tomorrow against the Oilers at PPG Paints Arena. We'll all be at that one. All our hockey coverage can be found on our team page.
• There will be no Cartoon Canon today or this week. Rob Ullman needed a bit of time. He'll be back next Tuesday.
• If you missed it over the weekend, Site Stuff surveyed where are readers live, including data on our top 10 countries, top 10 cities and more.
• We've got a goal of getting 1,000 new app installations in 2019 by the opening of the Major League Baseball season. We tracked 14 new installations yesterday. Current figure for the year: 625
• Our advertising kit has all the info to show why our business is right for your business!
MILLER LITE LIVE Qs AT 5
• Monday: Dale Lolley
• Tuesday: Chris Bradford, entries
• Wednesday: Hunter Homistek
• Thursday: Taylor Haase
• Friday: John Perrotto
• Sunday: DK
• Monday: Prospect Watch, by Haase
• Tuesday: Cartoon Canon, by Ullman
• Wednesday: Stats 'N' At, by Golebiewski
• Thursday: Carter's Classroom, by Carter
• Friday: Friday Insider, by staff
• Weekend: Site Stuff, by staff
PNC STAFF LOCATOR MAP
Sunday and I have been in Florida for hockey and baseball, and John has now met us down here for baseball. Also, Bradford's in Philly:
OUR SOCIAL MEDIA
To continue reading, log into your account: