UNIONDALE, N.Y. -- Good morning!
My man Victor’s at 119,728 miles as we rolled into our hotel lot on Long Island.
Victor’s our family vehicle, if you didn't know. (The kids gave him that name way back when we bought him and they were still, you know, kids.) He's a Honda CRV, and he’s like the Matt Cullen of cars, wearing some hard miles from providing our staff heavy transport over the nearly five years of this venture. He’s shoved through snow, sleet and, yet again yesterday, those wild Somerset winds that nearly whip you off the Turnpike.
And now, he’s here. So are we. Taylor Haase, Matt Sunday and I will be be your traveling Stanley Cup playoff coverage team morning, noon and night, and this is only the start of ... what, two long months, right?
We’ll strive to keep it real. You’ll share in our experiences, exciting or otherwise. We’ll ship back pics, videos and more that reflects some of what we see and hear, even beyond the hockey. The journey itself can be its own tale.
We’re happy to have you along.
• I've got Grind, and it's all pucks.
• Same goes for today's Morning Java:
• This is it: Game 1. The Penguins skate today, 11:30 a.m., at Nassau Coliseum. Taylor, Sunday and I will be there. The Islanders will skate at 10:15 a.m., but it'll be at their practice facility in nearby East Meadow, N.Y. Faceoff is 7:38 p.m. All our hockey coverage can be found on our team page.
• Oh, and hey, Taylor's brought back her Stanley Cup bracket challenge, which proved pretty popular with our community last spring and already have 294 participants! Today's the last day to partake!
• Our company has unprecedented reach. If you have a business that could benefit from this, as our many longstanding partners have, our 2019 media kit has all the info you'd want. Email my wife at Dali@DKPittsburghSports.com to set up a meeting.
• Beginning this week on this feature, we'll offer one-tap access to Hunter Homistek's Prowl and Campus Chatter. Just tap either box below:
MILLER LITE LIVE Qs AT 5
PNC STAFF LOCATOR MAP
John Perrotto's in Chicago. Taylor, Sunday and I are on Long Island:
OUR SOCIAL MEDIA
To continue reading, log into your account: