Canada defeated Germany, 8-1, in a World Championship game in Slovakia on Saturday.
Matt Murray made 15 saves on 16 shots in the win. He now has a save percentage of .890 and a goals-against average of 2.68 through three starts in the tournament.
Jared McCann recored two shots and a plus-1 rating in 12:04 for Canada.
• Russia beat Latvia, 3-1. Evgeni Malkin led Russia in shots with seven, but he was scoreless in 18:44. He's still searching for his first goal of the tournament.
Teddy Blueger's 23:46 of ice time was the second-most on the Latvian team. He registered two shots and a minus-1 rating.
• Sweden defeated Switzerland, 4-3. Patric Hornqvist recorded the primary assist on William Nylander's second-period goal:
Hornqvist recorded just one shot in the win and a plus-2 rating in 13:46.
Marcus Pettersson was a minus-1 in 10:36.
Around the rest of the tournament:
• Great Britain fell to Slovakia, 7-1. Slovakia's seven goals came from seven different players.
• Norway defeated Italy, 7-1. Norway's seven goals also came from seven different players.
• The United States beat Denmark, 7-1. Alex Debrincat recorded two goals and one assist in the win.
Two Penguins players are scheduled to play on Sunday. Malkin and the Russians will play Switzerland, and Dominik Simon and the Czechs will play Austria. Germany will play the United States, and France will play Finland.