VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- Good morning!
It's never good to be here, but I'm shooting for the purely positive throughout this trip. Dave Molinari and I here double-covering the NHL's biggest get-together of the year, a setting that sees not only the stars of the future but also more moves than any period except for the trade deadline. We'll fan out to bring you the best from the draft floor all weekend and, back home, Taylor Haase will compile capsules on all of the Penguins' selections as they're made.
In the interim, we've got the following:
• DK: The Hughes/Kakko impact
• Molinari: Down to a handful of options
• Molinari: 'Game day' for GMs, scouts
• Molinari: No free-agent spree
• DK: Expanded replay for coaches, refs
• DK: Drive to the Net on Hughes/Kakko
• Taylor: All-draft Live Qs at 5
Oh, and that picture up top: That's a world clock on a building pier at the Canada Place complex that used to be the Olympic media headquarters in 2010. One of the few things I really liked here, if only because of the particularly cosmopolitan choice of international cities for the various time zones.
• I've got a full Grind from here, and it's all pucks.
• Our company and our partners at WPXI-TV have launched a second joint Pittsburgh sports show called 'Halftime Adjustments.' Here's the first episode, with Alby Oxenreiter and me discussing a bunch of Steelers/Penguins/Pirates topics for a half-hour:
It's on your smart TV, too, if you download the new WPXI Now app.
• The Pirates play the Padres tonight at PNC Park. First pitch is 7:05 p.m. John Perrotto and Matt Sunday will be there. All our expanded baseball coverage, including Indy Watch by Matt Welch, Altoona Watch by Jarrod Prugar, and Mound Visit by Jason Rollison, can be found on our team page.
• Molinari and I will be all over the NHL Draft and related fare here today. The Devils are on the clock shortly after 8 p.m. Eastern time. All our hockey coverage can be found on our team page.
• The Steelers' minicamp concluded last week, but Dale Lolley, Hunter Homistek and Chris Carter still have much football content on our team page.
• Lolley and Carter will be part of the panel on WPXI-TV's 'The Final Word,' airing Sunday at 11:35 p.m.
• Our fifth anniversary celebration is July 23 at our Highmark Stadium offices. We hope you can make it.
• We're down to 46 Lifetime Lunatic subscriptions remaining, as we've now sold 54 since the revival. We're cutting off sales at 100, so that'll be it. They cost $299. If you'd like one, get it right here. And if you're an existing subscriber, we'll refund you the prorated remainder of your existing subscription. After you make the purchase, email us right away: Help@DKPittsburghSports.com
• Our new Veterans Challenge, inspired by Josh DeNinno at Moon Golf Club, puts forth a goal of connecting 1,000 military vets with free annual subscriptions in 2019. We've sold 170. Josh has pledged to buy 10 a month himself. Here's where to contribute.
• If you're having to log in frequently on the app, try these four steps:
1. Delete the app.
2. Power the device down.
3. Power back up.
4. Reinstall the app.
I know that sounds simplistic, but we've asked a few people to try it, and the results have been excellent. Let us know via email -- Help@DKPittsburghSports.com -- if it worked for you, too.
• Our company has unprecedented reach. If you have a business that could benefit from this, as our many longstanding partners have, our 2019 media kit has all the info you'd want. Email my wife at Dali@DKPittsburghSports.com to set up a meeting.
MILLER LITE LIVE Qs AT 5
PNC STAFF LOCATOR MAP
Dave and I are way too far away:
OUR SOCIAL MEDIA
To continue reading, log into your account: