Maybe it's the holiday. Maybe it's the lingering effects of his team's comeback 6-5 win over the Cubs Wednesday evening. Whatever it is, Clint Hurdle was exceptionally positive and engaging Thursday at PNC Park before the Pirates' series finale against the Cubs.
He flashed his humor several times, but he also spoke with sincerity, fully answering every question that came his way. Watch the full video embedded below. Trust me.
To set the stage, here's a list of some of the topics covered and questions answered:
• Why is the NL Central so tight? What is it about this division that keeps things so close?
• What will he do during the All-Star break? What does he expect his players to do?
• "[Josh Bell] has been crazy. It's nuts. It's been fantastic ... If there's a dropoff, he's just going to be human."
• What does Francisco Liriano mean to the team?
• How important is Gregory Polanco to the team?
• What are locker-room celebrations like for the Pirates? How do they prevent dwelling too long on a win?