Moon Golf Club is a pretty special place for me. Almost every single piece of content I provide at DKPittsburghSports.com is sponsored by the publicly owned course in Moon, and Josh DeNinno, the club's general manager, is one of my biggest supporters and champions of my work. You can see Josh up at the top there. I caught my dude mid-smile as he was relaxing on our leisurely ride around the course Thursday afternoon.
What exactly does that mean?
Well, it means that when I cover 53 regular-season hockey games, Moon Golf Club is a big reason why. When I publish a weekly Sunday's Best, they're a big reason why. When I get to recap my three years here ... yeah, they're a big reason why it's all been possible.
I brought two of my best buds, Hunter Homistek and Chris Carter, to the course, and Dali and Jim Barger met us for wings (some of my favorite in the city -- sponsor or not), sandwiches and some trotting around the course in the club's new carts. I had my trusty Fuji in my hand -- as always -- and snapped some photos around the hilly scenery.
I even caught Hunter dipping his mozzarella sticks into house-made marinara. Proof:
We had a heck of a lot of fun, and I'm excited to get back out there for another scramble with my coworkers and some subscribers. I'm going to work it out with Josh in the coming weeks, find some time around Steelers camp and my wedding, and get us out there for some serious fun. When that's put into motion, you guys and gals will be the first to know.
If you're lucky, you too can get your very own mixtape cover if we end up on the same team!
• While there, DeNinno, Hunter, Carter and I shot a Morning Java:
• Our Fifth Anniversary Celebration is exactly two days away: Tuesday, July 23 at our Highmark Stadium offices, starting at 6 p.m. It's free to attend, and it'll basically be an informal thing where we talk, hand out overdue Bricks, tell tales, complain about tech, watch that night's Pirates game on the three TVs, maybe play some trivia games, whatever. These are always pretty loose. We hope you can make it, and if you can, let us know.
• The Pirates play the Phillies again today at PNC Park. First pitch is 1:35 p.m. DK, John Perrotto and I will all be there. All our expanded baseball coverage, including Indy Watch by Matt Welch, Altoona Watch by Jarrod Prugar, and Mound Visit by Jason Rollison, can be found on our team page.
• Dale Lolley, Hunter, Carter and DK have all our football coverage on our Steelers page.
• Dave Molinari, Taylor Haase and DK have all our hockey coverage on our team page.
• We're down to 23 Lifetime Lunatic subscriptions remaining, as we've now sold 77 -- another one yesterday -- since the revival. We're cutting off sales at 100, so that'll be it. They cost $299. If you'd like one, get it right here. And if you're an existing subscriber, we'll refund you the prorated remainder of your existing subscription. After you make the purchase, email us right away: Help@DKPittsburghSports.com
• Our new Veterans Challenge, inspired by Josh DeNinno at Moon Golf Club, puts forth a goal of connecting 1,000 military vets with free annual subscriptions in 2019. We've sold 238. Josh has pledged to buy 10 a month himself. Here's where to contribute.
• Our company has unprecedented reach. If you have a business that could benefit from this, as our many longstanding partners have, our 2019 media kit has all the info you'd want. Email my wife at Dali@DKPittsburghSports.com to set up a meeting.
• If you're having to log in frequently on the app:
1. Delete the app.
2. Power the device down.
3. Power back up.
4. Reinstall the app.
MILLER LITE LIVE Qs AT 5
PNC STAFF LOCATOR MAP
All home for a spell:
OUR SOCIAL MEDIA
To continue reading, log into your account: