Our fifth anniversary is today!
On this occasion, I've written a special column about the days before launch, then the first couple days after launch. I'm pretty sure I've never delved into this level of detail with that before. Not going to lie: It was fun to revisit.
In the same spirit, in a new Morning Java, brought to you by GetGo Cafe+Market, my wife Dali and I -- with a couple of surprise guests in the final segment -- talk about our fifth anniversary ... meaning the site, not our own, as we've actually been married 23 years:
• The Pirates, following the latest devastation last night, continue their four-game set with the Cardinals tonight at PNC Park. First pitch is 7:05 p.m. John Perrotto will be there. All our expanded baseball coverage, including Indy Watch by Matt Welch, Altoona Watch by Jarrod Prugar, and Mound Visit by Jason Rollison, can be found on our team page.
• The Steelers report to Latrobe on Thursday. First practice is Friday. Dale, Hunter, Chris Carter and I have all our football coverage on our Steelers page.
• Dave Molinari, Taylor Haase and I have all our hockey coverage on our team page.
• We're down to 21 Lifetime Lunatic subscriptions remaining, as we've now sold 79 -- another one yesterday -- since the revival. We're cutting off sales at 100, so that'll be it. They cost $299. If you'd like one, get it right here. And if you're an existing subscriber, we'll refund you the prorated remainder of your existing subscription. After you make the purchase, email us right away: Help@DKPittsburghSports.com
• Our new Veterans Challenge, inspired by Josh DeNinno at Moon Golf Club, puts forth a goal of connecting 1,000 military vets with free annual subscriptions in 2019. We've sold 245. Josh has pledged to buy 10 a month himself. Here's where to contribute.
• Our company has unprecedented reach. If you have a business that could benefit from this, as our many longstanding partners have, our 2019 media kit has all the info you'd want. Email my wife at Dali@DKPittsburghSports.com to set up a meeting.
• If you're having to log in frequently on the app:
1. Delete the app.
2. Power the device down.
3. Power back up.
4. Reinstall the app.
MILLER LITE LIVE Qs AT 5
PNC STAFF LOCATOR MAP
All home for the fifth anniversary:
OUR SOCIAL MEDIA
To continue reading, log into your account: