To find out if the Steelers are winning, one seldom needs to check the standings around here. It's seen, heard and felt all over.
My wife Dali and I went on a midnight run to GetGo and Giant Eagle last night and, as we're passing through the freezer section, we barely noticed that all the door handles were adorned with official Terrible Towels. And that's because this happens all the time at his particular grocery, but it heightens all the more when the team is faring well.
That's cool. I've always loved the visceral connection between our city and its football team. It's like no other here, with all due respect to the Penguins' grip on the younger generation and the Pirates' unmatched history. The Steelers are us, and we are them, in so many ways.
• I've got Tuesday Takes.
• The Penguins are back in action today in Manhattan. Both they and the Rangers canceled their morning skates, though the visitors will have a media availability at 11:15 a.m. Faceoff is 7:38 p.m. Dave Molinari is there. All our hockey coverage can be found on our team page.
• Pitt has a road game, too, though the Panthers won't be traveling quite as far, just across town to Robert Morris' new UPMC Events Center in Coraopolis. Tipoff is 6:01 p.m. Hunter Homistek will be there. All our basketball coverage can be found on our team page.
• The Steelers have their only real practice of the short week today, 12:15-2:15 p.m., at the Rooney Complex. There also are two media availabilities, 10:45-11 a.m. and 2:15-2:45 p.m. Dale Lolley and Hunter will be there. All our football coverage can be found on our team page.
• We have a Morning Java on women's hockey:
• The Pirates are searching for a new GM. Alex Stumpf's on that. All our baseball coverage can be found on our team page.
• In the meantime, we sold 17 more H2P Subscriptions yesterday, for a total of 396 on the road toward our goal of 1,000. A week is all it took to start approaching the halfway point, an obviously very healthy pace.
• Our Veterans Challenge, inspired by Josh DeNinno at Moon Golf Club, puts forth a goal of connecting 1,000 military vets with free annual subscriptions in 2019. We've sold 454. Here's where to contribute.
• Our company has unprecedented reach. If you have a business that could benefit from this, as our many longstanding partners have, our 2019 media kit has all the info you'd want. Email my wife at Dali@DKPittsburghSports.com to set up a meeting.
MILLER LITE LIVE Qs AT 5
PNC STAFF LOCATOR MAP
Dave's in New York:
OUR SOCIAL MEDIA
To continue reading, log into your account: