It's going to be a loooooooong day around here. Well into the next morning, actually.
First, we'll be over at PNC Park this afternoon for the Pirates' media availability with Bob Nutting and new team president Travis Williams, which I explain in detail in a brief Grind. Then, of course, a bunch of us will walk over to Heinz Field for Steelers-Dolphins. And after that ... you know, producing all the content that'll greet you by sunrise Tuesday.
These don't happen too often, mercifully, but hey.
• I was part of the panel on WPXI-TV's 'Subway Final Word,' very late last night, along with Mark Madden, John Steigerwald and host Alby Oxenreiter. We'll have a new Morning Java tomorrow from the football game.
• It's Steelers vs. Dolphins today, 8:15 p.m., at Heinz Field. Dale Lolley'sKickoff feature is up, including our staff picks. All our football coveragecan be found on our team page.
• The Penguins are back home and back to practice today, 11 a.m., in Cranberry. Taylor Haase will be there. All our hockey coverage can be found on our team page.
• The Pirates will have a media session today at PNC Park with Bob Nutting and incoming president Travis Williams. Alex Stumpf, Matt Sunday and I will be there. All our baseball coveragecan be found on our team page.
• The Hounds are headed into the USL's Eastern Conference semifinal against Nashville, Saturday, 7 p.m., at Highmark Stadium. All our soccer coveragecan be found on our team page.
• If you missed it over the weekend, Site Stuff discussed the elimination of multiyear subscriptions in the near future. All is explained in there.
• Our Veterans Challenge, inspired by Josh DeNinno at Moon Golf Club, puts forth a goal of connecting 1,000 military vets with free annual subscriptions in 2019. We've sold 435, including a breathtaking contribution of 22 last weekend, another one of 10 Saturday, and another single just yesterday! Here's where to contribute.