It's the weekend, so there's Site Stuff. It's about our fifth anniversary.
I was expecting to be mostly off the grid this weekend. I lost my dad on Father's Day a year ago, so our family's getting together with my mom in Monroeville these couple days. But then, the Olli Maatta trade happened and, hey, that's the business.
If you've got your dad, give him a hug today. Not for the holiday. Just because it feels good. And the feeling will last forever.
• Today is Dave Molinari's first official day with us, and he's written a personal introduction for you that's up this morning. Once that formality's out of the way, his initial offering will be a three-part extensive sitdown interview with Jim Rutherford on a top of topics impacting the Penguins now, heading into the NHL Draft and beyond. And then, come Wednesday, Dave and I will board a flight to Vancouver for the main event.
• Our coverage of the Maatta trade includes my column, a special Drive to the Net by Taylor Haase, as well as her recollection of some of Maatta's more memorable moments. All our hockey coverage can be found on our team page.
• The Pirates lost again last night in Miami. John Perrotto was there, and he'll back at Marlins Park one final time today at 1:10 p.m. All our expanded baseball coverage, including Indy Watch by Matt Welch, Altoona Watch by Jarrod Prugar, and Mound Visit by Jason Rollison, can be found on our team page.
• The Steelers' minicamp concluded last week, but Dale Lolley, Hunter Homistek and Chris Carter still have much football content on our team page.
• If you haven't noticed, there's now a special row on our home page called 'THE DAILY Xs AND Os,' housing our every-weekday installments of Chris Carter's Classroom, Rollison's Mound Visit, and my Drive to the Net.
• We're down to 48 Lifetime Lunatic subscriptions remaining, as we've now sold 52 since the revival. We're cutting off sales at 100, so that'll be it. They cost $299. If you'd like one, get it right here. And if you're an existing subscriber, we'll refund you the prorated remainder of your existing subscription. After you make the purchase, email us right away: Help@DKPittsburghSports.com
• Our new Veterans Challenge, inspired by Josh DeNinno at Moon Golf Club, puts forth a goal of connecting 1,000 military vets with free annual subscriptions in 2019. We've sold 158, including two yesterday. Josh has pledged to buy 10 a month himself. Here's where to contribute.
• If you're having to log in frequently on the app, try these four steps:
1. Delete the app.
2. Power the device down.
3. Power back up.
4. Reinstall the app.
I know that sounds crazy simplistic, but we've asked a few people to try it, including in this same space yesterday, and the results have been excellent. If/when you try this, let us know via email -- Help@DKPittsburghSports.com -- if it worked for you, too. That'd be a huge assist.
• Our company has unprecedented reach. If you have a business that could benefit from this, as our many longstanding partners have, our 2019 media kit has all the info you'd want. Email my wife at Dali@DKPittsburghSports.com to set up a meeting.
MILLER LITE LIVE Qs AT 5
PNC STAFF LOCATOR MAP
Perrotto's in Miami for ball:
OUR SOCIAL MEDIA
To continue reading, log into your account: