It's the weekend, so there's Site Stuff.
We've also got a special Sunday's Best from Matt Sunday on the occasion of his third anniversary with the site.
One final day, a favor I've been asking in this space all week: For those of you who've received a military subscription at any point, please feel free to use the comments to share your stories with readers who've donated these subscriptions. I should've thought of this forever ago. Because we've no other way to connect you, since the contributors almost always insist on staying anonymous.
Really appreciate this. In addition to, as always, your service to our country.
• I've got a Grind, one I'd never imagined I'd have to write. What a bizarre day yesterday was. Definitely a career first.
• I'll be on the panel of WPXI-TV's 'Subway Final Word' tonight at 11:35 p.m., along with Mark Madden and John Steigerwald. Alby Oxenreiter will host.
• First pitch of the Pirates-Cubs finale today is 2:20 p.m. John Perrotto is at Wrigley, but he'll be heading home after that because of a family matter. I'll take his place out in St. Louis for the following series. All our expanded baseball coverage, including Indy Watch by Matt Welch, Altoona Watch by Jarrod Prugar, and Mound Visit by Jason Rollison, can be found on our team page.
• Dale Lolley, Hunter Homistek, Chris Carter and I have all our football coverage on our Steelers page. And wait till you see what Dale's got planned for a training camp daily run-up.
• Dave Molinari, Taylor Haase and I have all our hockey coverage on our team page.
• We're down to 26 Lifetime Lunatic subscriptions remaining, as we've now sold 74 -- one yesterday -- since the revival. We're cutting off sales at 100, so that'll be it. They cost $299. If you'd like one, get it right here. And if you're an existing subscriber, we'll refund you the prorated remainder of your existing subscription. After you make the purchase, email us right away: Help@DKPittsburghSports.com
• Our new Veterans Challenge, inspired by Josh DeNinno at Moon Golf Club, puts forth a goal of connecting 1,000 military vets with free annual subscriptions in 2019. We've sold 226. Josh has pledged to buy 10 a month himself. Here's where to contribute.
• Our company has unprecedented reach. If you have a business that could benefit from this, as our many longstanding partners have, our 2019 media kit has all the info you'd want. Email my wife at Dali@DKPittsburghSports.com to set up a meeting.
• If you're having to log in frequently on the app:
1. Delete the app.
2. Power the device down.
3. Power back up.
4. Reinstall the app.
MILLER LITE LIVE Qs AT 5
PNC STAFF LOCATOR MAP
John's in the Friendly Confines:
OUR SOCIAL MEDIA
To continue reading, log into your account: